Thursday, May 18, 2023

New Team Additions!

Hello everyone! My name is Megan Webb and I am the new Museum Manager at Admiralty House Communications Museum. I worked at Admiralty House back in 2021 as a student and then came back and started this new position back in January. It has been a whirlwind getting myself re-oriented with the Museum and community of Mount Pearl, but I am so excited to see where this opportunity takes me and how I can give back to the Museum and community. 

What better way to celebrate International Museum Day than to introduce everyone to the new additions to our team! 

A photograph of Museum Manager Megan Webb standing in a gazebo



I will start us off. I have a decade of experience working in the Heritage industry through museums, archaeology, archives, and built heritage. I have a BA in Archaeology and an MA in Folklore from Memorial University of Newfoundland. In my spare time I love listening to a good audio book and trying new recipes. 






Please welcome our new Museum Assistant, Rheannyn! 

A photograph of a beagle in a harness


Rheannyn originally became interested in history because she loves knowing where we come from and how we got there, this also lends itself to why she studied Archaeology alongside History during her undergrad at MUN. This is Rheannyn’s second summer with Admiralty House and her favourite exhibit in the museum is the Florizel, specifically the recreation of the Marconi Room on the Florizel. She believes interactive spaces in museums are very important for accessibility, engagement, and creating interest in learning.




We would also like to welcome our new groundskeeper, Alex! 


Hey! My name is Alex, and I'm the new summer groundskeeper at Admiralty. Two things I love doing the most is going on nature walks or hikes, and tending to my plants. An interesting fact about me would be that I can play most classical instruments such as violin, cello, accordion, trumpet, horn, and flute! I'm looking forward to meeting all of our new and recurring visitors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment